Amanda Smith began Isla Botanica to provide the San Juan Islands with quality, local herbal medicines.
Amanda earned a Bachelor of Arts in Herbal Medicine in Cultural and Ecological Contexts from Western Washington University (WWU) in 2008. She believes that herbal medicines are best understood when looked at within the cultural context of the health system that traditionally uses them and within an ecological context that sees them as integral to the health of their environment.
Amanda has developed invaluable practical skills as an herbalist during her employment at two herb stores, mentorship from several community herbalists, 2-year position as coordinator of WWU’s Herb Garden, and by teaching classes and workshops about herbal health at WWU and in the community.
Amanda finds great joy in sharing her knowledge and enthusiasm for plants with others as well as encouraging holistic health for people, plants and the planet.
Delicious, medicinal, loose-leaf tea blends
• Cold Ease—supports respiratory health
• Dream Catcher—encourages memorable dreams
• Herbal Energizer—supports physical endurance & mental clarity
• Mama To Be—supports healthy pregnancy
• Quiet Time–relaxing to body & mind
• Springtime—cleansing yet nourishing
• Throat Coat—soothes sore throat & cough
• Tummy Tamer—supports healthy digestion
• Winter Chai—immunity-boosting spices & herbs